Saturday, July 30, 2011

okay so, time for some art! First up, some work from Italy!



My first crack at" The Rape Of Polyxena"




stalker drawing! sorry Maggie, I couldn't resist.




Tone paper version of "The Rape of the Sabine"



Bacchus





Okay, now for the new stuff. I drew two pieces for my finals.

for my first, i revisited "The Rape of Poyxena" spent 18 hours here. it's 18x24



here's a detail. the helmet was one of the most difficult parts



For number two, i needed something in color

It's i picture of a friend of mine. I really liked the angle and felt i neede to work on some foreshortening. i'll be honest after 13 hours i lost count, but i don't think i went over 20. it's 20x16



here's a detail of the face.




and the hands, by far the hardest part for me.

Thanks for taking a look. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

miss you guys.












































2 comments:

  1. haha sorry for the long blank spot. i'm blogtarded

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I did the exact same thing...This is all new to me.

    ReplyDelete