Monday, August 1, 2011

Finals

Both of my finals were inspired by photos I had taken when I was in Italy.
After lots of mental breakdowns in trying to pick the best photos, I was brought back to two photos from locations that literally took my breath away.

My first final took be about 14 hours, and consists of Colored pencil, outlining markers, and graphite pencil.

This, being a more developed piece from on of my sketchbook drawings, is one of the streets we walked down near the Duomo. I find it so awe-inspiring to see that massive building looming over the landscape where ever you walk around Florence, so persuaded me to try to portray that.

The next one is my bigger project; this was the scene from the top of the tower in Vernazza looking at an edge of the town. I spent about 28 hours on this big drawing, making sure I got it as accurate as I can and trying to catch the feel of the scene as well. This is all various hard graphite pencils, and lots of smudging.

I also will put on some of my favorite sketchbook drawings.

Thanks!~
I hope you all are having a great summer!
~Kirstin S.

No comments:

Post a Comment