Monday, August 1, 2011

So I was originally planning to do three 10 hour drawings, but this one 18"X24"project took a lot longer than expected and filled up the 30 hours required. (It may not look like it, but it took forever with the layers and blending). I wanted to do a vintage poster advertising traveling Italy, and what better place to advertise than my favorite: Cinque Terre!? I haven't worked a lot with pastels so it was kind of an experiement at the same time. I even used vintage pastels that were my mom's when she was a little girl. :)





Detail:











Other drawings from Italy: Michelangelo's David, Fiesole arches, and the taxadermy animals :)


Let's go back to freakin' Italy guys! Can't wait to see everyone again!

~Sheila


























No comments:

Post a Comment